Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Things That Weird Me Out #1 : Hugs

Hugs.

The word can actually make me nervous.

It's not that I dislike hugs, I just feel there is a time and a place for them. I allow very few people to hug me. People allowed to hug me are: My Partner, My Daughter and occasionally family.

It is typically Aspergers of me. But I don't think that is all I could put it down too.

Hugs just scare me. Someone moving in with their arms outstretched wanting to wrap their arms around you. It's awkward. I'm standing there thinking "Oh shit, please don't hug me" "oh shit, they're moving in, fuccccck I guess I have to attempt this otherwise they will be offended..., just do it quickly and get it over with!" A hug is simply not worth all that angst and thought for me!

So If I haven't seen you in a long time, please don't hug me. A simple "Hello" will suffice perfectly. I feel no need to hug you, you are my friend, not my partner or lover or child. Physical affection is just not neccesary in a friendship. Well, not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment