Monday, July 19, 2010

My Top 5 ... TV SHOWS

So, my Top 5 TV Shows! Remember these are my favourite 5 but I love them in different ways for different reasons so even though they are labeled 1-5, they are all as important and special as each other!


TRUE BLOOD




I love this show so much. Too much. It's sexy, haunting, edgy and raw.
The Vampires are real, they don't sparkle.

The Vampires on this show are out in the open Vampires. A society where you can buy a blood subsitute in glass bottles called "Tru Blood" funnily enough.

The characters are sexy and flawed and can also be a little bit stupid. It's set in a small town in the south, so there are a few god fearing characters added to the mix as well.

It's genius. If you haven't watched it yet, I strongly suggest you do!


THE MISFITS




This is a new found show I love! It's only been on NZ screens for 2 weeks but already I adore it! It's British for a start so the humour is deliciously different.

It's about a bunch of young offenders sentenced to community work, one day while working out their time a big lightening storm hits and they end up getting some pretty unique abilities..

The characters are wicked (I mean that in a good way, sometimes) The loudmouth, The Chav, The Bad Girl, The Weirdo and a fallen from grace future olympian.


DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES




I wasn't sure if I should put this in here, considering the last season has disappointed me.

But, I loved it for the first few series.


GO GIRLS




I adore this Kiwi show.

A bunch of girls (and one guy) live on the North Shore and had goals they wanted to achieve in one year. These goals have changed each season, so far there have been 2 seasons and a 3rd is on it's way, YES!

The characters are loveable but can be quite infuriating at the same time. Just like normal life.


SHORTLAND STREET



I freakin' love Shortland Street. It's been a part of my life for 18 years. It's classic Kiwiana now.

I remember when it first started, with bad hair and bad dialogue. I can hear you, you're saying "What's Changed?" I can tell you ALOT. If you don't believe me watch the first year episodes!

That's the thing with Shorty, Some Kiwis like to pretend they don't like it, when really they love it.

Me? I stand proud and call myself a Shorty Lover for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment