Friday, August 27, 2010

Feels like betrayal

a feeling of intense betrayal.

Where did we go wrong? Did we go wrong at all?

I know you don't see it the way we do, that's something you won't see until you have kids of your own. I can hardly blame you for that. You're still only a kid.

I know I wasn't perfect, I was so young when I became a mother figure to you. I tried my best but I know there were times when I should have been more understanding. It took us a while for us to get on the right track. Not that we were on a WRONG track.

I remember when you first told me you loved me. I was taken back. Here was a kid saying he loved me, and I wasn't his mother! I said "I love you" back. It felt awkward, but right.

Your father did everything for you. When things fell apart for you, he was there. always. When things were a bit sticky with your mother, we wiped your tears. We felt angry at the person who had upset you.

So this feels like a betrayal, after all we have tried to make you happy, a few gadgets wins over. All the hurt she has inflicted on you is forgotten. We are forgotten. It really hurts.

Gotta go now, tears.

Michaela xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment